With gardening season getting underway, I’ve decided to take the plunge this spring and start growing some vegetables. I asked for some advice on the Vegan.com fan page, and here are some books that readers recommended:
- Growing Green: Animal-Free Organic Techniques
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Container Bible
- All New Square Foot Gardening
- Lasagna Gardening for Small Spaces
- McGee & Stuckey’s Bountiful Container
- Rodale’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
It’s going to be nice to spend some time away from the computer. And I love the fact that the food I grow won’t entail any compromises: no chicken shit, blood meal, fish emulsion, or pesticides will come anywhere near my veggies. I’ll keep you posted on how my garden grows.
Anytime you get to Amazon.com by following a Vegan.com link, anything and everything you buy during that visit generates commissions that allow me to keep this site constantly updated.