Let’s face it: many of the recipes posted on the Internet are worth exactly what they cost — nothing. They aren’t clearly written, they don’t turn out right, and they sometimes even violate basic cooking principles. When you download a recipe from the Internet, you usually have no idea if it was created by a great chef, or by someone who shouldn’t be trusted to boil water.
This collection of recipes, however, is another matter entirely — they’re guaranteed to amaze. Whether you’re a devoted meat-eater or a life-long vegan, we’re certain that these recipes will be some of the tastiest you’ve ever tried.
Why such confidence? The selection process we went through guarantees that every recipe that made the cut is spectacular. Here is how our recipes were chosen: from the hundreds of vegan cookbooks that are in print, we selected ten of the very best recent titles. We then contacted each of the authors, and asked them to hand-pick their very favorite recipe from their book. We received seven entrees and three desserts, with gorgeous photos for each. Also, each of the authors wrote a brief introduction explaining how they settled on their favorite recipe. We think you’ll agree that this collection represents the finest in vegan cooking.
1) Plantain Omelet – From Mark Reinfeld and Bo Rinaldi’s Vegan Fusion World Cuisine.
2) Thai Coconut Corn Soup – From Nava Atlas’ Vegan Express.
3) Indonesian Coconut Rice – From Robin Robertson’s Vegan Fire & Spice.
4) Baked Ziti – From Beverly Lynn Bennett’s Vegan Bites.
5) Moroccan Phyllo Rolls – From Dreena Burton’s Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan.
6) Italian Stuffed Crepes – From Bryanna Clark Grogan’s Nonna’s Italian Kitchen.
7) Chickpea Curry – From Hema Parekh’s The Asian Vegan Kitchen.
8) Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding – From Isa Chandra Moskowtiz and Terry Hope Romano’s Veganomicon.
9) Root Beer Float Cupcakes – From Hannah Kaminsky’s My Sweet Vegan.
10) Fresh Mango Cobler – From Ani Phyo’s Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen.
Buy the Books:
If you love these recipes as much as we do, you’ll undoubtedly want to try many more of each book’s recipes. Here are Amazon.com links to each of our Top 10 Cookbooks of 2008:
1) Vegan Fusion World Cuisine
2) Vegan Express
3) Vegan Fire & Spice
4) Vegan Bites
5) Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan
6) Nonna’s Italian Kitchen
7) Asian Vegan Kitchen
9) My Sweet Vegan
10) Ani’s Raw Vegan Kitchen