It’s crucial to have vegan snacks on hand for those times when you get the munchies in between meals. From energy bars to popcorn to a piece of fruit, there are endless snack-time options that you can find at any grocery store. You can even fill your pantry without leaving the house by ordering vegan snacks online!
There’s no clear dividing line that separates a snack from a light meal, but for our purposes let’s agree that snacks ought to be something that take no more than a couple minutes to prepare. With that in mind, here’s our list of easy snack ideas. The items on this list are either always or usually vegan; just check the ingredients if you’re unsure.
- Fresh fruit
- Dried fruit (especially good in the winter, when little fresh fruit is available)
- Pretzels (opt for whole grain)
- Bread, crackers, or veggies with hummus
- Energy bars
- Corn chips & salsa
- Kale chips
- Fruit or vegetable juice
- Bagels with vegan cream cheese, vegan margarine, or nut butter
- Cereal and soymilk
- Pre-washed greens and vegan dressing
- Rice cakes with nut butter and jam (opt for brown rice)
- Dark chocolate
- Nuts (opt for raw or dry-roasted)
- Popcorn (add nutritional yeast!)
- Vegan chili or baked beans
- Soy, almond, or coconut yogurt
- Edamame (soy beans, either in pods or pre-shelled)
- Vegan English muffins and Earth Balance or jam
- Vegan ice cream
- Roasted seaweed snacks
- Soaked goji berries
- Vegan pudding
Of course there are also potato chips, vegan ice cream sandwiches, and beer—none of which your mother would approve of and she’s entirely right this time.
To make snacking even easier and more exciting, there are several vegan subscription boxes that you can subscribe to so that a box filled with vegan snacks will land on your doorstep each month. Needless to say, will all these options and more, you should never stay hungry for long.