With this recipe you can enjoy a juicy, flavorful steak without harming any animals! If you think cauliflowers are bland and boring, this recipe will redefine your view. Watch this video and learn how to make the most delicious cauliflower steak on the planet.
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower (will make about 2 steaks)
- 3 Tbsp Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Toppings (We suggest finely diced cauliflower florets, tomatoes, olives, and a sprinkle of parsley)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice cauliflower into 1/2 – 3/4 inch slabs. Most slices will fall apart into florets, but you should get one or two solid steak-like slices toward the middle of the cauliflower.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and sauté the cauliflower on medium-high heat until each side becomes lightly browned (about 3 minutes on each side). Be very gentle when flipping each cauli-steak over as they can easily break apart.
- Pour Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce over the cauliflower in the pan and let sizzle for another minute or so until most of the sauce has been absorbed, or is sticking to the cauliflower steaks.
- Turn off heat, move the “steaks” to a baking sheet, and bake in the over for 15 minutes.
- Sauté the toppings.
- Plate the steaks, top with extras, and serve immediately.
There will be a big portion of cauliflower florets left over after making this recipe. They can be used in stir fries or to make vegan cauliflower buffalo wings!