It’s the last Tuesday of the month, so it’s time for another Vegan.com commitment Tuesday. Head over to our Facebook thread and make a public commitment about whatever action you’re ready to take. Some suggestions:
- Try a 21-day vegan pledge, or do the Mark Bittman Vegan until Six thing.
- Cut out eggs or dairy products.
- Resolve to try ten new vegan foods this month.
- Read the free online version of my Ultimate Vegan Guide.
- Make the final plunge and go vegan full-time.
- Order a few hundred copies of Even If You Like Meat, and pass them out at your local college in December or January.
- Make a donation to the nonprofit animal protection group of your choice.
- Take a non-vegan grocery shopping or to your favorite restaurant, and introduce him/her to some great new foods.
- Find a way to get the coffee table book, CAFO: The Tragedy of Industrial Animal Factories into a high-traffic place.
- Order books like Meat Market or Eating Animals for your holiday gift giving.
- Learn to be a more effective activist by participating in the Meat Market book club.
Whatever you choose, please don’t keep it to yourself. Making a public declaration of your commitment inspires others to take actions of their own on behalf of animals.
I hope you’ll share this blog entry on your Facebook wall, so your friends will also be inspired to make their own commitments.