Now that the effort to ban battery cages, gestation crates, and veal crates in California seems destined to appear on November’s ballot, the egg industry is intensifying its opposition. For a good background on their efforts — albeit one that includes the specious claim that HSUS spent $4 per signature — check out pages 8-9 of this journal. In related news, this past week the United Egg Producers committed another $175,000 to fighting the ballot initiative — money that could have been spent on improving hen welfare.
Battery Cage Producers: “We Are in a Battle to Save Our Industry”
You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email below!
Best of VEGAN.COM
- Why Choose Vegan? The Top Reasons Explained
- How to Go Vegan: Key Info & Essential Advice
- Guide to Vegan Cooking: Learn the Basic In Under An Hour
- Easy Vegan Foods: The Definitive Gigantic List
- Vegan Vitamins & Supplements Buying Guide
- Best Vegan Cookboos for Every Cuisine & Interest
- Vegan Alternatives to Meat, Dairy, And Egg Products
- A Vegan Guide to World Cuisines