Nermin Rose Buyukmihci died yesterday, June 9, 2010. In the late 1970s, she founded America’s very first cruelty-free vegan store, Nermin’s Dry Goods. I give my heartfelt condolences to her sister, Linda Buyukmihci-Bey, and brother, Nedim C. Buyukmihci, VMD. Donations in Nermin’s memory can be made to Helga’s Cow Sanctuary.
Nermin Rose Buyukmihci, 1952-2010
You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email below!
Best of VEGAN.COM
- Why Choose Vegan? The Top Reasons Explained
- How to Go Vegan: Key Info & Essential Advice
- Guide to Vegan Cooking: Learn the Basic In Under An Hour
- Easy Vegan Foods: The Definitive Gigantic List
- Vegan Vitamins & Supplements Buying Guide
- Best Vegan Cookboos for Every Cuisine & Interest
- Vegan Alternatives to Meat, Dairy, And Egg Products
- A Vegan Guide to World Cuisines