Reuters has some quality reporting on recent efforts to gain a better understanding of swine flu. It turns out that the swine flu virus circulating today is remarkably similar to the flu virus that wiped out tens of millions of people in 1918—so similar, in fact, that a vaccine prepared from one strain provides at least some protection from the other. Link.
Today’s Swine Flu Virus Similar to 1918 Pandemic Virus
You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email below!
Best of VEGAN.COM
- Why Choose Vegan? The Top Reasons Explained
- How to Go Vegan: Key Info & Essential Advice
- Guide to Vegan Cooking: Learn the Basic In Under An Hour
- Easy Vegan Foods: The Definitive Gigantic List
- Vegan Vitamins & Supplements Buying Guide
- Best Vegan Cookbooks for Every Cuisine & Interest
- Vegan Alternatives to Meat, Dairy, And Egg Products
- A Vegan Guide to World Cuisines