No ice cream sundae is complete without gooey chocolate sauce dripping over the sides. Lucky for animals, there are several terrific brands of vegan chocolate sauce. The only difficulty is choosing which one to get!
- Emmy’s chocolate sauce
- Love Bean superfood fudge spread
- Lydia’s Organics raw chocolate kreme
- Santa Cruz Organic chocolate syrup
You can also make vegan chocolate sauce from scratch using our recipe.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce Recipe
- 14 ounces coconut milk (from a can)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Whisk the coconut milk, sugar, and cocoa powder until very well combined.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer lightly, stirring consistently for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and coconut oil. Stir until totally blended.
- Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Please remember, much of the world’s chocolate is sourced from enslaved and exploited workers. Visit Food Empowerment Project to learn about this issue and to access their list of vegan, worker-friendly chocolates.