If you love indulgent sweets, you’ll have no problem getting ahold of vegan donuts. Dozens of bakeries sell them, and you can also make your own.
While it’s certainly true that most donuts contain eggs and dairy products, they are easily made vegan with no loss of flavor. Here are two vegan dessert cookbooks that feature outstanding donut recipes:
And of course, there are plenty of other great vegan desserts besides donuts. To learn more, check out our vegan desserts page.
If you don’t want to roll up your sleeves and deal with a deep-fryer, you just might be able to find a local bakery that satisfies your vegan donut cravings.
Vegan & Vegan-Friendly Donuts in the USA
- Whole Foods Market (select locations)
- Donut Friend, Los Angeles
- Donut Panic, San Diego
- The Donuttery, Huntington Beach
- Nomad Donuts, San Diego
- Pepples Donuts, Oakland (100% vegan)
- Psycho Donuts, San Jose & Campbell
- Revolution Doughnuts, Decatur
- Do-Rite Donuts, Chicago
- Glam Doll Donuts, Minneapolis
- Tandem Doughnuts, Missoula
- Ronald’s Donuts, Las Vegas
- Plant Cakes Bakeshop, Wake Forest
- Dottie’s Donuts, Philadelphia
- Voodoo Doughnuts (Austin)
- Wheatsville Co-op (2 Austin locations)
- Zucchini Kill (all vegan and GF in Austin)
- Mighty-O-Donut, Seattle
- Holey Moley Doughnuts, Milwaukee
Did we miss a shop with sells delicious vegan donuts? Contact us!