Donuts usually contain eggs and dairy products, but they can easily be made vegan with no loss of flavor. Here are two vegan dessert cookbooks that feature outstanding donut recipes:
And of course, there are plenty of other great vegan desserts besides doughnuts. To learn more, check out our desserts page.
If you don’t want to roll up your sleeves and deal with a deep-fryer, you just might be able to find vegan donut near you.
Vegan & Vegan-Friendly Donut Shops in the USA
- Whole Foods Market (select locations)
- Donut Friend, Los Angeles
- Donut Panic, San Diego
- The Donuttery, Huntington Beach
- Nomad Donuts, San Diego
- Pepples Donuts, Oakland (100% vegan)
- Psycho Donuts, San Jose & Campbell
- Revolution Doughnuts, Decatur
- Do-Rite Donuts, Chicago
- Glam Doll Donuts, Minneapolis
- Tandem Doughnuts, Missoula
- Ronald’s Donuts, Las Vegas
- Plant Cakes Bakeshop, Wake Forest
- Dottie’s Donuts, Philadelphia
- Voodoo Doughnuts (Austin)
- Wheatsville Co-op (2 Austin locations)
- Zucchini Kill (all vegan and GF in Austin)
- Mighty-O-Donut, Seattle
- Holey Moley Doughnuts, Milwaukee
Did we miss a donut shop with great vegan options? Contact us!