Because of my move to Santa Cruz, my main computer was in boxes so I had to take a month off podcasting. But I’m now restarting my VegTalk podcasts, posted each Thursday, and Paul Shapiro, the Senior Director of HSUS’ factory farming campaign, is my guest on today’s show. Paul talks to me about the upcoming Proposition 2 ballot initiative in California, and the big money factory farming is plunging into fighting the measure. We then talk about the $20/20 campaign, which makes it easy for U.S. citizens in all fifty states to contribute to getting Proposition 2 passed. Please give what you can to Proposition 2 — since Paul and I recorded this podcast, Foster Farms has kicked another $250,000 into trying to torpedo the measure. The factory farming war chest for fighting Prop 2 now contains more than $2 million. Today’s show is 21 minutes.
Paul Shapiro on Prop 2 and the $20/20 Campaign
You can subscribe to our newsletter by entering your email below!
Best of VEGAN.COM
- Why Choose Vegan? The Top Reasons Explained
- How to Go Vegan: Key Info & Essential Advice
- Guide to Vegan Cooking: Learn the Basic In Under An Hour
- Easy Vegan Foods: The Definitive Gigantic List
- Vegan Vitamins & Supplements Buying Guide
- Best Vegan Cookboos for Every Cuisine & Interest
- Vegan Alternatives to Meat, Dairy, And Egg Products
- A Vegan Guide to World Cuisines