If you’ve spent any time browsing Pinterest over the past month, you’ve probably come across mummy dogs—the latest fad in Halloween eats. What you may not have realized is just how easy these are to veganize! Here’s how.
- Original Pillsbury® Crescents (these happen to be vegan!)
- Vegan hot dogs of your choice (package of 8)
- Yellow mustard (for the eyes)
- Earth Balance butter or oil (to grease the baking sheet)
You’ll also need a baking sheet, a knife, and a plastic bag for piping the eyes.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the Pillsbury® crescent dough and slice all of the dough into 1/4 inch strips (starting along the longest edge of each triangle).
- Remove the vegan hot dogs and begin wrapping them with the strips of the dough. You’ll need 2-4 strips for each dog. Attach the end of the strip to the backside of the hotdog, and wrap around haphazardly to create the mummy look. On one end, scoot the dough up or down to create space for the eyes.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake according to the crescent roll directions, approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add the mustard eyes! Scoop a dollop of mustard into the corner of a small plastic bag and snip a very tiny hole in the corner. Use this to gently pipe eyes onto each of your mummy dogs.