There are a number of vegan ice creams on the market made from soy, almond, cashew, coconut, or rice milk. These products let you enjoy all of the delicious flavor and creaminess of ice cream with none of the cruelty. Most supermarkets carry at least one vegan brand, and a good natural food store will stock more varieties than you can count: ice cream pints of every flavor, ice cream sandwiches, drumsticks, fudge bars, and more.
Widely-Distributed U.S. Vegan Ice Cream Brands:
- Ben & Jerry’s Non-Dairy Pints
- Double Rainbow (Soy flavors only)
- Haagan-Dazs Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts
- Luna and Larry’s Coconut Bliss
- So Delicious Dairy Free Desserts
- Tofutti Premium Pints & Cuties
- Trader Joe’s Soy Cream
And here are a few regional vegan ice creams:
Here’s a New York Times article that chronicles the rise of gourmet vegan ice cream.
It’s surprisingly easy to make fantastic vegan ice cream at home—just check out the titles below.