If you want to pucker those cruelty-free lips of yours in style, you’re likely to want some vegan lipstick. But watch out! Animal ingredients can be discreetly hidden on lipstick labels under thousands of names. Some key animal ingredients to watch out for are beeswax, carmine, lanolin, tallow and collagen—but again, there are too many to list here.
If label-reading and ingredient-investigation isn’t your forte, just go for the companies that pride themselves in being totally cruelty-free and vegan. More and more products that are clearly labeled “Not Tested on Animals” and “Vegan” are entering the marketplace. Several of our favorites are listed below.
Vegan-Friendly Cosmetic Companies:
- 100% Pure
- Beauty Without Cruelty (BWC) (100% vegan company)
- e.l.f. Studio Cosmetics (100% vegan company)
- Gabriel Cosmetics (100% vegan company)
- Manic Panic (100% vegan company)
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (100% vegan company)
- Pacifica (100% vegan company)
- Urban Decay
- Zuzu Luxe (watch out for carmine)