From Tofurky to Field Roast to Gardein to Beyond Meat, there are plenty of vegan meat options on the market to satisfy every palate and fit every recipe. Just look in the refrigerated section of your local natural foods store.
Additionally, you can step back a couple centuries and rely on the heavier foods that vegetarians have traditionally eaten in place of meat:
If burgers, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets are what you’re jonesing for, you can find vegan versions of all these things plus deli slices, ground meat, and much more. Once again, just check the refrigerated and frozen sections of your local natural foods store or supermarket. Your meaty-yet-meatless options are virtually limitless and ever-expanding. Just be sure to read the ingredients since some meat-free alternatives contain dairy or eggs.
No matter which route you take to satisfying your meaty cravings, all of these foods are cruelty-free and rich in protein.
Meat-Free Cooking for Meat Lovers
Most vegan and vegetarian cookbooks feature meaty dishes. And there are even a couple cookbooks devoted entirely to satisfying your meat cravings: Roberto Martin’s Vegan Cooking for Carnivores and Tommy McDonald’s Field Roast: 101 Artisan Vegan Meat Recipes to Cook, Share, and Savor.
Vegan Meat Producers:
- Beyond Meat (all products vegan)
- Butler Foods (all products vegan)
- Field Roast (all products vegan)
- Gardein (all products vegan)
- The Herbivorous Butcher (all products vegan)
- Impossible Foods (all products vegan)
- Louisville Vegan Jerky Co.
- Match Meats (all products vegan)
- MorningStar Farms
- Primal Spirit Foods (all products vegan)
- Sophie’s Kitchen (mostly vegan seafood products)
- Tofurky (all products vegan)
- Upton’s Naturals (all products vegan)
- Yves Veggie Cuisine (all products vegan)