From Tofurky to Field Roast to Gardein to Impossible Burgers, vegan meats are everywhere. Even the most mainstream supermarket carries products that satisfy every palate and fit every recipe. And any good natural foods store will carry a diverse selection of incredible vegan meat products. Just look in the refrigerated and deli sections of your favorite market.
Additionally, you can step back a couple centuries and rely on the heavier foods that vegetarians have traditionally eaten in place of meat:
If burgers, hot dogs, and chicken nuggets are what you’re jonesing for, you can find vegan versions of all these things plus deli slices, ground meat, and much more. Once again, just check the refrigerated and frozen sections of your local natural foods store or supermarket. Your meaty-yet-meatless options are virtually limitless and ever-expanding. Just be sure to read the ingredients since some meat-free alternatives contain dairy or eggs.
No matter which route you take to satisfying your meaty cravings, all of these foods are cruelty-free and rich in protein.
Meaty Vegan Cookbooks
Most vegan and vegetarian cookbooks feature meaty dishes. And there are even a a number of cookbooks devoted entirely to vegan meats:
- Plant-Based Meats, by Robin Asbell
- Vegan Cooking for Carnivores, by Roberto Martin
- VBQ—The Ultimate Vegan Barbecue Cookbook, by Horn & Mayer
- Great Vegan Barbecue, by Linda & Alex Meyer
- Field Roast, by Tommy McDonald
Vegan Meat Producers:
- Beyond Meat (all products vegan)
- Butler Foods (all products vegan)
- Coconut Bacon (Phoney Baloney)
- Field Roast (all products vegan)
- Gardein (all products vegan)
- The Herbivorous Butcher (all products vegan)
- Impossible Foods (all products vegan)
- Louisville Vegan Jerky Co.
- Match Meats (all products vegan)
- MorningStar Farms
- Primal Spirit Foods (all products vegan)
- Sophie’s Kitchen (mostly vegan seafood products)
- Tofurky (all products vegan)
- Upton’s Naturals (all products vegan
- Yves Veggie Cuisine (all products vegan)